Why is it that so many here in the U.S. are totally blind to what is obvious to our friends in the U.K.? Click on the headline below to read a great piece from U.K.'s Catholic Herald:
Let's see look at President Obama's track record. All these points are verifiable in the above article as well as through an easy Google search:
- Strong supporter of abortion on demand
- Supports federal funding of abortions in this country and abroad
- Supports partial birth abortion.
- Supports minors getting abortions without parental notification
- Supports embryonic stem cell research
- He voted for a proposal to vote $100,000,000 for the funding of sex-education and contraceptives for teenagers.
- He opposed the “Born Alive Infants Protection Act” on the Senate floor and in 2003 killed the bill in committee. This would have outlawed “live birth abortion,” where labor is induced and an infant is delivered prematurely and then allowed to die.
- Supports the repeal of Don't ask, Don't tell in the military
- Recently weakened conscience protection laws
- Refuses to defend Defense of Marriage Act
- Has referred to the concept of traditional families as "discriminatory" and "products of outworn arguments and old attitudes".
Yet so many Catholics continue to support him and make excuses. I don't want to get too political here, but if you are going to call yourself a Catholic, or a Christian for that matter, then act like one. When any politician has such a vile track record against life and families, then it is our obligation as Catholics to pray for their conversion and to oppose their political agenda. It's time to stop making excuses. If people in the U.K. can see how opposed Obama is to the Catholic Church, why are we still so blind right here in the U.S.?